Hey Peeps! It’s been almost a year since I went for a girls’ Goa trip with my girl, Madhu from levenstylo.com. Prior to that, my bachelorette party was the last girls only vacation I had planned.
After I got married, obviously priorities had changed and most of the outings were planned with a common ground in mind.
My bestie and I used to plan a trip with just us, over the phone (she is in Delhi and I am in Bangalore), but somehow the plan never materialised.
Then finally in January this year we put our foot down and agreed upon a trip in March in Goa. Isn’t it strange that it took us so long?
Why can’t girls go for trips together post marriage?
Why should you do a girls’ Goa trip?
- We love doing similar things and no guy is there to judge or stop us.
- You have loads of girl time. Do whatever you want – makeup, shopping, party or just chill in the swimming pool.
- You don’t have to worry about letting your hair down. Goa is very safe for girls. Just be little cautious.
- Fight your fear. If you are scared of heights or water, be each other’s strength for water rides.
- Scooter becomes your best friend. A helmet is not mandatory around the beaches. You don’t have to bother about your hairdo going for a toss.
- You can hog on a variety of authentic Goan, Konkani and Portuguese food.
- If you have a skimpy outfit lying idle in your closet, Goa is the place in India to try it out.
- Goa is a party paradise. You get world class discs like Club Cubana and LPK to party your heart out until wee hours.
- For the shopaholic in us, Goa has flea markets, night markets scattered around popular beaches. We shopped like crazy till we dropped.
- Having girl’s time on the beach. I still cherish those long walks over the beach and non-stop conversations.
Where to stay on a tour with girls in Goa?
The moment we decided to go far a girls trip, I was particular about where to stay. Since on my last trip to Goa, I had stayed in Vagator, now we chose the bustling Candolim. I love each part of Goa but we wanted to be in the midst of the action.
We stayed in a serviced apartment in Candolim as we wanted to have a homely feeling during our stay. The apartment was at the walkable distance from the beach and barely 1-2 Kms away from famous clubs like “Love Passion Karma” and “Sinq”.
Look around in Tripadvisor or Air BnB. You would find scores of well-maintained apartments with fully equipped kitchen around popular beaches.
What to wear in Goa?
The short answer is – whatever you feel like! As I have mentioned earlier, the beaches of Goa are probably the most accommodating places in India. Still, desist from making friends with strangers and look out for warning signals (Like a stranger offering to buy drinks. Thanks but no thanks, we can very well buy our own!)
In fact, back in March, I had done a post on essentials for a girly Goan vacation.
Be it early part of the year or October to December period, the weather stays almost the same. Just if you are travelling to Goa in monsoon, it rains quite often and don’t forget to carry an umbrella. Maybe a few beach shacks close down, however, monsoon in Goa has a charm of its own.
Most importantly travel with panache and wear your confident smile.
So you lovely ladies out there, if you have been holding back your girls’ goa trip plan, the time is now to set the ball rolling. It’s a short life and live it to the hilt. Check my experience with my girl Madhu at Levenstylo.
Please do let me know your thoughts and if are up for a girls’ Goa vacation, tag me along!