Hey Peeps! How are you? I have been writing a lot about fashion, trends and styling different looks. However, I realised that I have never discussed on the kind of lingerie to use with a particular outfit or where can we go lingerie shopping.
It’s not that I am shy to discuss it. Probably it never struck my mind that there are girls who still struggle to find the right shape, size and kind of lingerie for themselves. With the help of this blog, I would try to sort this problem for you lovely ladies out there.
Know Your Size Right
If you are still struggling to find your size or feel that you wear the wrong size often then the first thing you got to do is know your right size. Many of us are not sure about cup sizes. Girls with small bust size or heavy bust often feel shy to buy their right size.
To find your bra size, you’ll need a tape measure and your best-fitting bra (preferably an underwire, not a minimizer or sports bra).
Measure your band size
Wearing your bra, take a snug measurement around your ribcage, directly under your bust and level all around. If you get an odd number, round up to the next even number.
Measure your bust size
Take a loose measurement over the fullest part of your bust, keeping the tape level around your body. If needed, round up to the nearest inch.
Calculate your cup size
Subtract your band size from your bust size, and use the difference to find your cup size on the bra size chart below.
MINUS BAND DIFFERENCE
|US CUP SIZES||EUROPEAN||UK|
|less than 1″||AA||AA||AA|
Cup Size Reality
I have noticed girls asking for size 32 bra if they are slim and 36 if they are curvy. And when the shopkeeper asks about cup size they are clueless and give a hypothetical answer. Never do that. Always know your size never buy on assumption.
- A cup size- Small
- B cup size- Average
- C cup size- Slightly bigger than average
- D cup size- Big
- Anything above D is enormous
Ladies with bigger bust size need to be more careful while shopping lingeries. The bulge in arm or bust looks inappropriate.
Can we shop lingerie online?
If you know your size right, online shopping is the best. I love shopping my lingerie online for 2 reasons.
- You have lots of options
- You get a better deal than malls
How to choose the perfect Bra?
We girls love to flaunt our outfits. Being an Indian woman, I love wearing all kind of outfits. One style of Bra is not enough for all my outfits. If you are someone who loves to try out the different style of outfits. Do buy your lingerie which suits that particular outfit.
Did you know that there are more than 50 styles of Bra available? Yes, probably we cannot afford to have them all. I am going to share few which I own and they are my saviour.
- T-shirt Bra– This is a must-have bra for all women I feel and for me, It’s the most comfortable form of bra. I wear casual outfits mostly and I use it for everyday purpose.
- Sports Bra– If you go to a gym, don’t dare to step into the gym in your regular bra. Even if you workout at home or are into Yoga, make sure you match the level of support for the activities you do.
- Push up Bra– If you have the small bust and you want to flaunt your cleavage you should go for a push-up bra. This is certainly not meant for girls with heavier bust size.
- Stick on Bra– This is something I love in my closet. This season off-shoulder outfits were everywhere and it’s still trendy towards the end. I find a stick on bra/silicon bra more comfortable than a transparent strap bra. It’s all about comfort. So, if you are more comfortable with straps go for the former option.
- Bandeau– If you are not wearing a backless outfit and want to give little support to your silicon bra, you can opt for a bandeau. Girls with small busts can actually wear it directly.
- Leisure/sleep Bra– These bras are meant for slumber times. It’s very much comfortable and gives an almost braless feeling. I make it a point to carry my leisure bra to tropical areas. They are breathable and helps to feel relaxed even in humid weather.
They are many more styles/kinds of the bra. I am certainly not super rich to own all the styles. If you feel the same as me, move to online shopping. Just like I did. I have always been a Myntra girl. In fact, I have been shopping on Myntra since the time it was launched.
If you need in-depth review or blog on any particular topic under lingerie. Feel free to ask. In case you are shy to comment. Please DM me on my Instagram profile.