Hey Peeps! Do you remember your transformation over the years or do you think you have been just the same? Well, I was never a girly girl in my formative years. I used to be a tomboy till I had a crush and I wanted to impress him. I have gone wrong so many times with colours, outfit selection and makeup – you name it! Experimenting with a red gown or red outfit never crossed my mind!
The passage to Red
Being a tomboy during teenage and the first few years of my college, I used to hate red. I can literally count on my fingers how many red outfits I have owned in my lifetime. I used to feel it’s too bright and never got why other girls loved this garish colour so much. It was till I got myself a beautiful red cowl neck top for a date night.
I wasn’t a makeup person back then so I remember I had gone with minimal makeup and that was just Kajal. That’s it, honestly. Just because of the bright colour, my face was glowing!
That was the day I realised “RED IS FOR EVERY WOMAN”. Ever since I have embraced red as a special colour. I am still choosy when it comes to a red outfit for a special evening.
The tryst with Nakhra
My wedding anniversary was close by and I want to feel as beautiful as my first date with him. So, I decided to go for red or any other bright colour again. I had ordered two outfits from a Haryana based boutique, NAKHRA.
I have been following them for over six months and have ordered their outfit for the first time. I was waiting for a special occasion to try out their gorgeous ensemble of ethnic and Indo-western wear. And here comes that special day! I felt so gorgeous wearing this exquisitely crafted dress.
This is how it went – when I finally decided to order something from Nakhara, I have messaged them on Instagram asking for an indo-western gown. I must admit Prathivi has a fabulous collection of outfits.
She showed me 10-12 outfits based on my ask and I fell in love with this red gown with intricate gold detailing. Off-shoulder/ broad necks are my favourite this year. I have lost count of the number of off-shoulder tops/dresses I have bought in the last few months.
Long sleeves with cutouts from the elbow make this dress stand out. It has handwork over the neck and waist which makes it look a statement gown. And the best part of the gown is the overskirt which I love in any outfit.
Make friends with bold colours
If you hesitant to wear red/bright colours like the old me. Here are some tips for you.
- Never wear too much of a bright colour or red together. Avoid having the same bright colour all over.
- Try different shades of red. I am sure there is one for you. ( I have referenced some common shaded at the end of the article)
- Start wearing it for a special occasion and later you can graduate to regular wear.
- Don’t overthink while wearing loud colours pretending everyone would notice you or you might get overly conscious.
- Dress for yourself, not to impress others.
- Most importantly, choose a comfortable outfit as you already trying to move out of your one comfort zone.
- Go shopping with your best friend. She will never misguide you.
Until next time!