If I had to narrow down my travel bag to just one dress, it would probably be a shirt dress. One thing I love most about a shirt dress is its versatility.
A month ago I had written how a shirt dress could be adapted to suit different engagements in a day. In this post, I will be showing you ways to adapt a shirt dress to your travel closet.
It’s the most accomplished, comfortable, easy to wear, outfit for travel or a low-key occasion as well. I am emphasising on travel because that is the time when we look for most fashionable yet comfortable outfits. Trips become more fun filled if we are in the coolest outfit.
Styling a Shirt Dress
I have more shirt dress in my closet than I show to the world and I never forget to pack one in my luggage. This time a white bohemian shirt dress is there in my trip bag. I have styled a few option to show you how to wear a shirt dress for your next trip:
- Pair them with slide sandals – For a low-key occasion, I prefer to wear a shirt dress with slide sandals or gladiators. I have clubbed this white shirt dress with strappy slide sandals. I am wearing a necklace of the same shade as shirt buttons to add bling to my ensemble. Isn’t it effortless yet classy?
- Wear shorts underneath – Some of us are not comfortable in a dress on a trip. The reason could be shorts or trousers allow better ease of movement. What if I tell you that you can wear a shirt dress over shorts and it will look uber cool. Unbutton the bottom of your shirt dress and walk like a diva. You can also wear them with over a pair of jeans and team them with pumps.
- Layer them over a casual outfit– Layering is again very much in trend. We use a shrug, kimono, shirt, denim jacket and what not for layering these days. Let us give shirt dress a shot in layering. I am sure you will love the flawless feel.
Don’t you feel it’s a super wow idea to wear one outfit in multiple ways?
Which look do you prefer? Do let me know though the comments below.
Until the next time. Stay awesome!
What I wore:
Photos by Candid Snaps
Latest posts by Namrata (see all)
- How Ethnic Dresses can do Wonders in Summer Season - May 22, 2018
- The perfect midi dress for a summer office look - May 21, 2018
- Summer Fashion and Beauty – Dos and Don’ts - May 18, 2018