Hey Belles! Hope you all are having a good time and enjoying the weekend to the core. Workwear is always a top priority for an independent woman. When at work, I love to look presentable and if you too want to be taken seriously at work, you need to dress up appropriately.
Our everyday struggle
Selecting an outfit for work is my everyday’s struggle. Isn’t it same for you girls? I love the purposeful look to the extent where I love to wear a formal skirt on Fridays as well. When it comes to a conference or important meeting on weekends, I dot the i’s and cross the t’s. In fact, I start mentally picking them out much before the actual event.
The un-boring business casual
Today, I am going to show you a wear-to-work look which is appropriate for a startup company or a business casual office. This morning, I found an old top in my wardrobe while I was seeking a soothing coloured blouse for a casual look.
I had got this top in the year 2015, during my trip to Thailand and had totally forgotten about it. I have paired this bardot top which has short puffed sleeves, elasticated on the chest with my black pencil skirt and black pumps.
Accessorise business casuals wisely
To accessorise, I decided to wear a pearl necklace, earrings and bracelet to give it an elegant touch. With minimal effort, I was ready for my Friday 9-5 look. Later, I just moulded my bardot top into an off-shoulder top to mould my look for an evening out with friends.. Also, to make it look top hot I pulled my black knitted self-stripped pencil skirt bellow my navel and I was party ready.
So this was my quick business casual look from my closet. I am so happy I did not have to buy an outfit for a small meeting that happened on a Friday.
Few suggestions for your business casual wear
- It’s better to invest in a good pencil skirt than a business casual dress because it gives you versatility.
- In case you don’t have a business casual outfit and you have to go for conference or meeting on weekends opt for formals rather than going in casuals.
- Always choose light and simple jewellery for business casuals. It’s ok to wear only a watch. Avoid over doing it.
- Invest in a good pair of pumps. You can wear them in both formal and business casual settings.
- Always go for comfortable clothing and shoes. Comfort gives confidence.
- Carry a jacket, peacoat or a blazer along even in summer days for a/c conference rooms.
- Your outfit should be clean, ironed and look out for any holes.
- Print and patterns are acceptable in business casuals if they are not outrageous.
- The skirt should not be shorter than 3 inches above the knees. ( I can totally relate to the pain a tall girl like me has while looking for a proper length skirt)
What I wore
Top from Platinum Mall Thailand
Pearl Jewelry from Hyderabad
Photos by Candid Snaps