Culottes are the most stylish, well structured, polished and smart bottom wear this season. What else does a confident and independent lady needs in life? Believe me or not, your outfit gives you confidence.
I feel confident whenever I am well dressed. This is the reason I always dress according to place and occasion.
Versatility of culottes
Culottes give a flawlessly flattering shape to the body and allow an array of possibilities to wear them. The versatile bottom is a driver for all-day comfort and is officially in trend. There are ample amount of ways you can style them.
You will look flawlessly stylish. Wear them with a shirt or top for 9 to 5 work or wear them with a crop top. No doubt they are a wardrobe staple in the year 2017.
My call on pairing culottes
I always feel that trend keeps on changing but style lasts forever. That’s the reason I don’t hesitate to buy any outfit which crops up in trend radar. Before buying them, I always look at the versatility of the outfit.
Pair your trendy culottes with solid crop tops, a loose fitted top, cold shoulder top, monk neck tops or a jacket. You can dress them up or dress them down. I decided to pair these striped culottes with a solid black cold shoulder top, which is “in” this season.
I am 5’7” tall, still, I have chosen to club my culottes with heels to accentuate the flared silhouette.
- Curvy Girls – Pair your culottes with printed tops. Choose darker shades of culottes over lighter ones. Go for a well-tailored pair to flatter your shape.
- Short Girls – Pick culottes with vertical stripes. Not only do vertical stripes give an illusion of height, they are going to be the next in thing after an overbearing year of nautical stripes. Pair your culottes with crop tops or the ones that fall a bit above your waist. Don’t forget your stilettos or wedges.
- Tall or slim girls – Pick culottes of slightly thicker material. Look out for pleated ones (like the ones I am wearing) over straight fit ones. Pair them with loose fitting shirts or tops. You could add volume the look by layering your top as well.
Well, these are just guidelines, not hard and fast rules. I consider myself fairly tall for a girl and as I have mentioned earlier, I am wearing a pair with vertical stripes.
Give them a shot
If you are still not convinced by looking at my outfit to buy them, well, you are not alone. Many of us would LOVE to rock a culotte but have shied away because we just can’t judge if they look good or not.
We are so used to wearing skinny jeans or skater skirts that stepping into two billowy mid-length legs is a tad frightening! But it need not be. Once you start wearing them you will be wondering how you ever lived without them.
So belles, now is the time to introduce culottes to your trouser troupe. Give them a shot!
What I wore:
Latest posts by Namrata (see all)
- How Ethnic Dresses can do Wonders in Summer Season - May 22, 2018
- The perfect midi dress for a summer office look - May 21, 2018
- Summer Fashion and Beauty – Dos and Don’ts - May 18, 2018